Wednesday, January 23, 2008

ami craze

i get a bit carried away when i learn something new, and crocheting amigurumi is no different. i'm already on my 4th. i love it and knitting on the baby blanket has taken a back seat. my newest ami is a lion. the idea is pieced together from a couple of the humanoid animals in beth doherty's book. "face of a cat + hair of a bear = leo the lion" . My friends' son turns 1 in march and his name is Leo. not too original, but he's pretty damn cute. here's a not so wonderful WIP photo of him.




here are the other 2 little guys i made. they've already gone to their new homes.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Wow, you have a near menagerie going there!

I wish I could crochet. I just can't grasp it. I can knit anything but can't crochet beyond a chain. So sad. ;-p