Wednesday, March 07, 2007

yarn in the mail

Can I get any more lame with posting on here. Between Jack, errands, knitting and Jack's blog I haven't found much time to post.

So for an update (albeit pictureless for now because my camera is at Nicole's)...The baby blanket is nearing completion (almost), I have 2 BIG blocks left, plus the border. I'm going to line the back because I really don't care for how all those picked up stitches look. Honestly I don't think I did it correctly , but it's alright for now and it's nothing a little fabric backing can't fix. I chose a dark purple cotton fabric and even darker quilt binding for the edge. Not sure if I'm going to use the binding, I'll see after the fabric is on.

Mark has been complaining about his other sock...that by the time I finish the pair it will be June and not really wool sock weather....So I cast on the other one last nite. It's a good thing because I am needing a break from all the endless garter stitch of the baby blanket.

I just purchased Grumperina's periwinkle beret pattern. It's so very delicious. And of course I had to get some Lorna's Laces to start ASAP. I ordered a skein of the Manzanita colourway, for the beret, and while I was at it 2 skeins of Firefly sock weight for some socks for me. It's actually the first time I've ordered yarn online and I can't wait to receive the package. Something to look forward to.

No comments: